Momongas – Japanese Dwarf Flying Squirrels – are simply the cutest animals alive. They have big eyes, and they are so fluffy I’m gonna die. These little innocent flying squirrels live in the mountain forests of Japan. They have cousins all over the world – sugar gliders, their possum friends, are quite common as pets. But there is only one true Momonga, and that one lives in Japan.
We have rounded up 33 of the cutest pictures we could find. Enjoy! :)
1. Momonga pretending to be a French Flying Squirrel
2. A nice furry tail keeps this fella warm
3. Nuts! I smell nuts!
4. This twig doesn’t think I’m overweight.
5. Whatcha looking at?
6. Iiit’s… n..not f..freezing at all… look I’m s..s..miling!
7. Momonga playing peek-a-boo
8. Beautiful shot of Pteromys Momonga
10. Sittin’ on a stick, eating nuts.
11. This one looks cute, but look closer – he is preparing a ninja attack.
12. Shy little momonga
13. Practicing his roll-up-like-a-pinball-move
14. Do you think my butt looks big?
15. Beautiful shot of what must be a wise old momonga
16. Holy cow, batman! Was it a plane? A rocket? A flying squirrel?
17. Friendship keeps you warm in the night
18. I am the terror that flaps in the night. I am Darkwing Squirrel.
19. One likes the other more than the other likes him back.
20. Omnomnomnomnom twigs are the best breakfast evah.
21. I bet you can squeeze your head through this hole.
22. You can tell that one of those two cracked a dirty joke.
23. My… nose… is… frozen stuck… in the snow…
24. Yummy tail.
25. Here. Have a cigar.
26. Fits like a glove.
27. Morning yoga!
28. Goodies :)
29. Get a room you two!
30. Howdy partner! Wanna join for dinner?
31. Power to the squirrels!
32. My eye is too big.
33. Guys, I think we’re being snuck upon…
Bonus: And here is Momo, our version of this overly cute fluffball :)
This concludes our ultimate list of momonga cuteness. Hope you enjoyed it, and share the love! :)
– Derk & Peter
No animals were harmed during the making of this blogpost.